Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November has kind of snuck up on me.  I cannot believe it is actually the 2nd day of November.  This is the time of year I seem to do quite a bit of reflecting.  I really love November and what it means to this country and to me personally.  It is a time to be together with family, sharing laughter, love, and many memories.  I want to thank Mrs. Barbara Barkdoll and Polly Beers for the many times they came to visit my family and invite us to church.  I am thankful that someone took an interest in me, a bus kid, a kid that didn't have much, and invest time in me.  They taught me to sing, spending countless hours of their own time teaching me to sing specials.  One day, my heart was touched, and I saw myself for the sinner I was and received Jesus Christ as my personal savior.  I am so grateful for how he saved me and has worked with me through the years to bring about changes in me.  My prayer is that I will reflect Christ in my life. 

I am thankful for my family.  I am blessed to have a husband who works hard to provide for his family and to help others around him.  He gives of himself freely asking nothing in return.  He challenges his grandchildren to read their Bibles and to pray by example and by an encouraging word.  I am thankful for the parents God gave to me.  My father instilled in his children a good work ethic and loyalty while my mother taught us to be mindful of our words and actions and how they affect those around us.  Where would I be if not for their influence in my life.  Thank you mom and dad!  Thank you, to my husband, John!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment