Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday #2

Today has been one of those busy days when it seems as though you are on the go all day long. I went to my Bible study using the book, One in a Million, shopped for long sleeved shirts for the boys for church and found some cute red bows for Alaina. I picked the kiddos up from school, worked on homework, fixed dinner, showers were next and then I did Mary's hair.

What am I thankful for, you might ask? I could pop off a couple of answers but that is what they would be-replies. I want this to be a thoughtful, sincere time.

I would like to say I am thankful for my husband, John. We have been married for thirty-six years. During that time, my husband has always been a very hard working provider. He has worked long, hard hours to support his family while he put his four children through school, put himself and his wife through school as well as meet the day to day financial obligations a family incurs. He has faithfully read his Bible each day as well as spending time to pray. My husband will often put his feelings of being tired to help me with homework, dishes, laundry and yard work. My husband has lived the scripture found in Eph. 5:25. I hope these next thirty six years are even better. I love him and hope our love and friendship deepens as we get ready to step into this next phase in our lives, "The Empty Nest".

No comments:

Post a Comment