Monday, November 9, 2009

Our Church's Sixtieth Anniversary Celebration

We had a great time this weekend at church. Our church celebrated with a special dinner and program on Saturday afternoon. We had a special Sunday service with Fuzzy preaching, more fellowship with members and former members. We also had another meal after the service and a great time of fellowship. I really everyone with ties could have been there.
My sister Charlotte and her son, Christopher, were able to come. She fell in love with Ms. Nellie Crow's Oatmeal Crisp Cookies. Mrs. Crow was kind enough to write the recipe down for her and bring it to church on Sunday morning.
We enjoyed looking at pictures. My sister enjoyed seeing some of the pictures of her niece and nephews. Some of the pictures she would have like to have "helped" herself to but she was at church. HaHa!

I enjoyed hearing Carrie singing again, it has been a long time. It was good to hear Lori sing and I really enjoyed hearing Sandy sing. My sister really enjoyed Sandy's song. I also appreciated the hard work and time Judy took in preparing the special song that the children took part in by playing instruments. Jacob, Josiah and Alaina really enjoyed the opportunity to play the guitar.




Abigail played the hand drums, Alaina was on the guitar and Samantha played the xylophone.




Great job girls!






Jacob and Josiah really liked playing the guitars during the service. All of the children were excited to be a part of the celebration. Thank you for giving them the opportunity.


Mark, I thought you would enjoy knowing a little bit about the part your children played in the celebration.


To my family and friends, thank you for allowing me to share our special day with you through words and a couple of pictures. Love you guys!







































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment